menu-img-alt vale-wave
Photographer: Marcelo Coelho
Photographer: Marcelo Coelho

Our core business is an essential activity for the world.

Whether in the construction of houses, in innovations in the health area, in new technologies, in the manufacture of cars or even home appliances.

Today we are one of the largest producers of iron ore and nickel in the world, in addition to operating in other segments. Come and discover each product and its curiosities:

Iron Ore and Pellets

The essential raw material for the manufacture of steel is found in nature in the form of rocks, mixed with other elements. Through various industrial processes with high technology, iron ore is processed and then sold to the steel industry. 

It is part of everyday life: it is present in the construction of houses, in the manufacture of cars and in the production of household appliances. 

The ore found in Carajás has 67% of iron content, considered the best quality on the planet.

In Northern Brazil, our mines occupy only 3% of the Carajás National Forest. The remaining 97% we protect in partnership with institutes.

Where we operate: Brazil, China and Oman.

Photographer: Vitor Nogueira


We lead the production of this metal that is considered one of the most versatile. Hard but also malleable, it is corrosion resistant and retains its properties even when subjected to extreme temperatures.

It is part of everyday life: it is used in the production of batteries and items ranging from coins to cars.

The ore obtained from our mines contains more than just nickel. Therefore, by extracting and processing it, we also produce cobalt, copper and precious metals.

Where we operate: Brazil, Canada and Indonesia.

Photographer: Marcelo Coelho


Extremely important for modern industry, it is malleable, recyclable, resistant to corrosion and high temperatures.

It is part of everyday life: it is used in the generation and transmission of energy, in wiring and in practically all electronic equipment, such as television sets and cell phones. 

Copper is the third most used metal in the world, after iron and aluminum.

There are records of objects made with this metal dating back to 8,000 years before Christ​.

66% of annual copper consumption is found in electrical applications.

Where we operate: Brazil, Canada.

Photographer: Ricardo Teles

Photographer: Ricardo Teles

Emergency Action Plan for Mining Dams (PAEBM):

S11D: Discover our largest mining complex

Visit our History Center and learn about the history of the largest iron mine in operation like you've never seen!

Photographer: Ricardo Teles